OSU Ferm Sci student graduating June 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSU Ferm Sci student graduating June 2015

Hello, I am a Food Science student at Oregon State University that will be graduating and seeking employment at the end of this spring quarter. The education I have received at OSU, as well as practical experience and home brewing for 5+ years, has given me an excellent understanding of brewing theory and practices. Knowledge and experience in: yeast handling, fermentation, worth production, clarification, packaging, sanitation, and other brewery tasks. Last summer I worked a four month internship at a local 3 bbl brewery and have been working part time at another local 7 bbl brewery since then. Ideally, I would like to gain employment as a brewer, assistant-brewer, R&D brewer, or cellar worker, at a medium or large craft brewery. I'm currently trying to find what kind of opportunities are out there, so please PM or email me if you think I may be a good fit with your company!

Education:

BS in Food Science with Fermentation Science option and a minor in Chemistry from OSU (pending)

Experience:

Brewer’s assistant at a 7 bbl brewery for the past 4+ months. Responsibilities include: grist milling, tank CIP, packaging, dry hopping, beer transfers and fining, CIP and setting up brewhouse, assisting on brews, and other tasks in the brewery.

Intensive 4 month internship at a 3 bbl brewery. See above for responsibilities. Designed and brewed a beer at the conclusion of my internship.

Preferred Regions of Employment:

Washington
    California
    Colorado
    United Kingdom
    Germany (Ich spreche ein sehr bisschen Deutsch)
    Will consider any employment opportunity!

Cheers,
    -Alec Klassen
    klassena@onid.oregonstate.edu

Brewing

Alec,
    Call or email me to discuss opportunities at Oregon Trail Brewery.

Dave Wills
    541 929 2736
    dave@freshops.com

Comment

Bump. Still looking for that next challenge!

Comment

What about a brand new startup?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X