Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalling Fermentation Issues - Please Help

Hey all,

Quite a poor situation I have on my hands. I brewed a batch of DIPA on 1/6/15. Mash temperature was 151*F, pH at 5.4 in mash (in tank at 5.0), 45 minute rest time, no mash out, 2hr lauter with a 90min boil, OG was 20.5*P. Pitched at 66*F. Achieved pitch rate after counting was 20 million/mL with 2nd generation yeast. YeastX82 in the kettle at manufacturer recommendation.

Here's where it gets scary,

From this batch I also split fermenting wort (on day 2) into (2) 55gal oak barrels for a barrel fermentation experiment. Additionally, I created (2) 6gal carboys for other experiments with the same yeast pitch.

We are now at 1/16/15 and my current gravity for each individual vessel is only at 8.4*P, exhibiting an average drop of 1-1.5*P per day, and my pH never dropped below 4.6. Two days ago, I created starters for each vessel with a new quantity of yeast (from the original culture) and re-pitched at high krausen. Still, no improvement whatsoever.

All temperatures have remained consistent. Even raising up 4*F to help entice fermentation.

The batch that we harvested this yeast from performed exceptionally well.

Our typical fermentation time for this particular DIPA is roughly 5-7 days to terminal.

Any thoughts? Oversights on my account?
Working...
X