Viking Malt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viking Malt

Does anyone have reviews with Viking Malt?
    Me and some other breweries have a few pallets coming in of their Pale, Pilsner, wheat, vienna, munich. Would be interested to hear 1st hand experience b/c there is almost no reviews online.

Thanks

Imported Malt

Originally posted by NicaHops View Post
    Does anyone have reviews with Viking Malt?
    Me and some other breweries have a few pallets coming in of their Pale, Pilsner, wheat, vienna, munich. Would be interested to hear 1st hand experience b/c there is almost no reviews online.

Thanks
    Someone explain to me why craft brewers buy 85% of all the malt and DME imported to the US when there are many large US maltsters and 30 new craft maltsters (+ 20 in planning or construction) that can provide the exact same flavors and brewing characteristics as imported malts with the added values of buying locally and reducing carbon footprints significantly. Malt does not travel well, especially over wet oceans!
    I think it's an unfortunate holdover from your homebrewing days.
    Beer Sleuth

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Sleuth View Post
      that can provide the exact same flavors
      That's some flame bait if I ever saw any.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Sleuth View Post
        Someone explain to me why craft brewers buy 85% of all the malt and DME imported to the US when there are many large US maltsters and 30 new craft maltsters (+ 20 in planning or construction) that can provide the exact same flavors and brewing characteristics as imported malts with the added values of buying locally and reducing carbon footprints significantly. Malt does not travel well, especially over wet oceans!
        I think it's an unfortunate holdover from your homebrewing days.
        Beer Sleuth
        I'm in Nicaragua. So my US malt has gone on a shipping container over a wet ocean too.
        so back to the question - anyone have experience with Viking malt?

Comment

Working...
        X