• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Available Sale Rep!

Trevor Thurston
    6827 N Hudson St
    Portland, OR 97203

To Whom it may Concern,

I have been a home brewer since 1988, worked as a professional with Craig Nichols at the Alameda Brewpub in the mid-90's, and continue to work in the industry today. Other than welding, I have experience in every aspect of the industry. My goal is to continue working with beer and the amazing people that populate this community.

Highlights of my past include:
    Producing a highly-rated IIPA for Saraveza's IIPA Fest
    Working for the Alameda Brewpub
    Growing Sales for Off the Rail Brewing, Beer Valley Brewing, and Running Man Distributing
    Managing all aspects of the St Johns Winter Beer Fest for three successful years
    Guiding two different Home-brew clubs
    Consulting with several breweries in the area

I also have experience as a Retail Manager, worked for Legacy Health Systems in the Accounting Department, ran my own Painting Company for five years, and was a professional musician for several years.
    I hope that we can schedule an interview where I can talk in more detail about my varied skills, talents, and passions.

Sincerely,

Trevor Thurston

Objective:

I am looking for a position within the beer community where I can showcase my varied talents and passion.

Functional summary

I have been a home-brewer since 1988, worked as an assistant under Craig Nichols at the Alameda Brewhouse, serve as Events Coordinator and Competition Co-chair for the High Street homebrew club, and run a beer events company.
    Summary of qualifications
    Home brewer
    AHA member
    Brewed on systems at the Alameda Brewhouse, Salmon Creek Brewpub, and Portland U-Brew
    Represented at Saraveza’s IIPA Fest 2011 with “Outsider’s” IPA
    Well-respected in the beer community, specifically toward recipe formulation and beer knowledge
    Organized, Clean, Process-oriented personality

Employment

Running Man Distributing 6/14- 12/14
    Was the only sales rep for a small distributor and was responsible for Brand Management, Events, Brewery consulting, and social media work.

Beer Valley Brewing Co. 10/13-6/14
    Sales Representative for the brewery doing account visits, events, social media in six states, and distributor relations.

Bridge Events- Present
    Social Media, Marketing, and Events Manager
    Part-time work on five events a year.

Thurston Beervents 2011- Present
    Managed beer festivals at every level, from choosing beers to ordering glassware, artwork, promotions, etc.

Defy Brewing- 3/2011-7/2011
    Was the brewer and manager of a small start-up production brewery, but due to investor fatigue, never got off the ground.

Plew’s Brews 2011-1/8/2013
    Beertender Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s 12 to 6

Off the Rail Brewery 2010-2011
    Sales and Keg Delivery until closure of Brewery

Homebrew Exchange 2010-2011
    Retail Sales and basic Home brewing classes

Turnkey Consultants 2005-Present

Consultation work with Craig Nichols on brewery projects

Alameda Brewhouse Assistant Brewer 1996-1998
    Cleaned/ Sanitized equipment and kegs, helped with recipe formulation, brewed on a 5 barrel system, gave tours, picked-up materials, maintained inventory, transferred beer, and attended festivals.

Education

Rufus King High School for the College Bound 1983-1987

Portland State University, majored in Anthropology and Music

REFERENCES

Randy Plew, Owner-Plew’s Brews 503-283-2243

Craig Nichols, Owner- Turnkey Consultants 503-314-9040

Morgan Miller, Brand Manager Ninkasi Brewing 503-753-9767

Mary Rose Rugido Walker, Sales Rep. 775-742-2987
Working...
X