TTB - Brewers Notice transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTB - Brewers Notice transfer

Does anyone know if brewers permits and notice are transferable upon the sale of a brewery business, or does any new owner need to reapply for these?

Looks like the brewery I work at will be sold due to a bereavement and I'm just wondering what kinda if any job security I have.
    Last edited by Simonok; 02-14-2015, 11:30 AM.

New owners have to reapply.

Usually in these situations, the old owners when selling the business will also sign some sort of agreement with the new owners to continue to "operate" the business using their licenses, etc. until the new owners can relicense everything.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Would you know if and how any employment contract I have would stand?!

Comment

I am not a lawyer, and though I am married to one, I don't want to give the impression that any advice I might give is even remotely as useful as talking to an attorney in your area.

That being said, it will depend on how your employment contract is worded and how the sale is done. If the sale is the assets of the business, transferred to a new business with a different name, than almost certainly your contract will not apply. If the sale is the business itself and it continues to be operated under the previous business name, corporation, etc. then your contract MIGHT still apply. Ultimately, you should find an attorney to review your contract and give you advice. The earlier in the process you get someone involved to help you out with this stuff the better.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Anthony, any food for thought right now is good! Hopefully speak to someone on Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
          X