Alginex use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alginex use

Does anyone have any experience using Alginex?

I'm considering using it in one of our beers that always has a persistent haze. We Biofine Clear it, all yeast is out, but it's always very hazy, whereas our other beers are brilliant at this point. Seems like this stuff is a logical step to getting rid of this haze. Any feedback, positive or negative would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Auxiliary finings

Alginex, is an auxiliary fining and it is used to drop proteins out of beer. It is negatively charged. I used this in the UK for cask beer. We put it in the cask, we also put isinglass (which drops the yeast) in the casks, but not at the same time. Isinglass is positively charged, so put the Aux finings in before isinglass. Rates of addition are .125-1.0 pints per barrel. looking at my class manual, it says to add Alginate 4 hours before the addition of isinglass. I observed a number of breweries I worked in, adding it in minutes before the isinglass, but unfortunately, I was not around to be able to observe if this adversely affected the clarity of that beer.

I know that your email is from February. Did you try it?

Comment

Working...
    X