old six roll mill - help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old six roll mill - help

I have been putting together a HACCP program for my company and cannot find any information on our mill. The stamp on the mill is the only information I have and from a countless amount of searches I havent found either company that is listed. The stamp reads as "The American Peerless Six Roll Malt Mill, Built by F. Aue Co. Inc. L.I.C.N.Y. U.S.A, Sold by A. W. Goetz & Son Los Angeles Calif." Does anyone know where I'd find any information - such as standard operation and troubleshooting guides for this type of mill? Apparently they forgot to send it on the Mayflower (or insert your own joke here). Thanks.

Cheers
    Tyler Peters
    Joseph Huber Brewing Co.

Wish I could help.

Ask Jimmy Hoffa.

You might try a historical search of where it was manufactured to get a history of the company and then backtrack to place an ad in the local paper to search for former employees that just may have that manual tucked away in the rafters of their basement. (No joking, my deceased Grandfather had a veritable time capsule of newspapers and other documents rolled up in the basement rafters). Your ad might find someone who is retired,with lots to talk about, to an avid listener (YOU). It's a long shot, but something to work with nonetheless.

Good luck.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by tylerpeters
      I have been putting together a HACCP program for my company and cannot find any information on our mill. The stamp on the mill is the only information I have and from a countless amount of searches I havent found either company that is listed. The stamp reads as "The American Peerless Six Roll Malt Mill, Built by F. Aue Co. Inc. L.I.C.N.Y. U.S.A, Sold by A. W. Goetz & Son Los Angeles Calif." Does anyone know where I'd find any information - such as standard operation and troubleshooting guides for this type of mill? Apparently they forgot to send it on the Mayflower (or insert your own joke here). Thanks.

Cheers
      Tyler Peters
      Joseph Huber Brewing Co.
      The Lion Brewery in Wilkes-Barre PA had one of these mills, which was replaced over 10 years ago. I don't know if they'd still have any manuals but you might want to contact Leo or Bob (brewmasters) and ask. If I recall correctly the Aue mill was built in the 1940s.

---Guy

Comment

Thanks guys - I'll let you know if I have any luck.

Comment

Working...
        X