Virtual Brewery License in Ohio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Brewery License in Ohio?

Hi all, someone know if there is a "virtual" brewing company license in the State of Ohio?

Let's say that, I own XYZ Brewery, LLC and dont wanna have a brick and mortar place yet, I have 12 beer recipes. I decided to go thru contract manufacturing, hire ABC Brewery, they produce X bbls for me, I pay for the services and distribute myself in 1/2 bbl kegs.

Is this possible in the State of Ohio? Talked to the State Liquor Authorize and their answer was that they did not know the answer and advice to talk to a Liquor Attorney.

Thanks.

You may have coined a new term, virtual. Stick with "contract brewery." Find the brewery who is doing the brewing for people like you, they should be able to tell you what licensing you will require. Good luck!

Comment

Alternating proprietorship is not recognized in the state of Ohio. You will want to focus on the contract brewing scenario. I believe there is a brand called nowhere in particular that has gone through this. Perhaps if you contacted them they could point you to the agents that handled their case. Or i know a good attorney in Columbus if you want to pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by HLbatch View Post
        Alternating proprietorship is not recognized in the state of Ohio. You will want to focus on the contract brewing scenario. I believe there is a brand called nowhere in particular that has gone through this. Perhaps if you contacted them they could point you to the agents that handled their case. Or i know a good attorney in Columbus if you want to pm me.
        Thanks. I will double check as I know of a person that is producing beer under Alternating proprietorship. Surprised that the TTB recognizes Alternating proprietorship, yet the State of Ohio may not. Maybe it is time for me to look for another State, such as Kentucky.

Thanks, Nil

Comment

Working...
        X