Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What tubing/hose are you using to fill kegs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tubing/hose are you using to fill kegs?

We've been connecting our keg filling couplers to the bright tanks using 1/2" braided PVC tubing for the past couple years with no real problems, other than the fact that the tubing seems like it needs to be replaced about once a month (starts to darken with beer stains, gets cloudy and doesn't really seem like its clean after cleaning).

I was kicking around the idea of getting some 1/2" ID Goodyear Brewline to replace the lines once and for all, but I wanted to see if anyone else has a suggestion first.

We use 1/2" ID thick-wall vinyl beer line for ours. The clear tubing allows for easy inspection. It does stain from the iodophor we sanitize with, but still stays clear enough to see through.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
      We use 1/2" ID thick-wall vinyl beer line for ours. The clear tubing allows for easy inspection. It does stain from the iodophor we sanitize with, but still stays clear enough to see through.
      Timm, thanks for the reply. Do you clean the lines with pbw or caustic after use, or use a pump in cleaning and sanitizing? I feel like when I use PBW on them, they get super cloudy. I've been just rinsing with hot water after use and sanitizing before startup until they start to look sketchy, then replacing them.

Comment

Same here, just the general braided vinyl stuff. After use we soak them in our cold caustic soak buckets by filling the line and letting air bubbles rise out so the whole length is soaked. Generally clean as a whistle after that and the only discolored line is our yeast line which has a green-ish tint to it but that lines been in service the longest... Now that ive written that out, I'll likely replace it tomorrow.

I'd definitely soak them in some sort of alkaline cleaner after use rather than just rinsing with water IMO.

Comment

Working...
        X