Loyalty Programs in the Tasting Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyalty Programs in the Tasting Room

Anyone used really successful loyalty programs? Ive heard horror stories about bottle clubs and the like even at very successful breweries because people buy in and then they are never happy as they want the world after that.

I have two ideas:

1. Growler includes a coupon on the label for $1 off a pint at time of refill or some similar incentive. Basically an easy growler club that everyone joins but specifically helps locals.

2. Corporate taproom (ie World of Beer, Old Chicago) tier type loyalty model. Develop a five tier system where buying flights, glasses, and growlers earns you points toward the five tiers. Each tier attained gets some reward like glass, shirt, hat, sweater, events plus name on the wall and pic on the wall for the hard to attain tiers.

Were in a 40% local (15,000) 60% visitor (150,000/yr) market and looking to move around 500bbl in the taproom per year. Little brewery competition but some very popular, old, legacy bars in town to compete with. Any ideas? Is the tier thing considered excessively corny at the brewery level?

I love your first idea and think it's a great way to get people in for a pint instead of just a fill and out the door.

Loyalty programs are a bit tricky. Some can be too gimmicky. We use an incentive base so for every X amount of dollars they spend they get Y amount back. They can use it on anything in the tasting room. Not sure if it's for everyone, but it helps us keep the amount of locals coming in.
    Paul M.
    Head Brewer
    Launch Pad Brewery
    Aurora, CO

Comment

We do a spin off of your first suggestion. We are a seasonal community and to see people come in get a growler filled and out the door well sucks. So, on the off season we have them buy a pint at regular price and fill up to 2 growlers for $8.00 each. NO, that does not mean 2 pints and 4 growlers as we have had some ask. It has worked well for us but with summer coming that promo will stop. We have found that usually they stay for 2 pints as a buddy comes in they get talking grab some popcorn and hang out
      Mike Eme
      Brewmaster

Comment

I like that.... takes the gimickyness out but still rewards the best customers

Originally posted by ptrain View Post
        I love your first idea and think it's a great way to get people in for a pint instead of just a fill and out the door.

Loyalty programs are a bit tricky. Some can be too gimmicky. We use an incentive base so for every X amount of dollars they spend they get Y amount back. They can use it on anything in the tasting room. Not sure if it's for everyone, but it helps us keep the amount of locals coming in.

Comment

Working...
        X