Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Valuable.. Brite Tanks or More Fermentors??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Valuable.. Brite Tanks or More Fermentors??

Ive always carbonated in kegs because my volume was so small. For small volume, lets say 1-3 bbls, is a brite tank really necessary??

I guess my major question is.. In your opinion what is a better return on investment. If I have a fixed amount to spend should I spend it on more fermenters or should I get a brite or two?

Thanks guys
    Brad

My vote would be more fermentors. You can ferment all the way to crash and carb in one tank. It works well until you get to a certain volume it seems, then some brights in the mix will help.

Comment

Im curious of this as well. We're starting a brewery and will be using plastic conicals at first. We have been discussing whether to carbonate in the keg or get a brite tank.

Comment

Get A Brite Tank
        Russell Everett
        Co-Founder / Head Brewer
        Bainbridge Island Brewing
        Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Bainbridge View Post
          Get A Brite Tank
          While you're at it, get two.

For me, as a brewpub, I have 4 FVs and 4 BTs, 8 taps, and many-hours-flipping-cleaning-filling-kegs. Depends on if you're a brewpub/taproom or production only, but one big brite is worth a lotta little kegs in your valuable time, IMO.

Dave
          Dave Cowie
          Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
          Nevada City, CA

Comment

Originally posted by RipRap View Post
            Im curious of this as well. We're starting a brewery and will be using plastic conicals at first. We have been discussing whether to carbonate in the keg or get a brite tank.
            In this case I would certainly say yes to the brite. You will carbonate much faster and more consistently. It's just not a blanket answer whether or not to go with a brite.

Comment

GET A BRITE TANK we started using small plastic tanks we have gotten bigger one they make small 3-5 brites if you can afford one get it we went with 2-7bbl brites changed my product completely also get a co2 tester like a zahm negel they maybe expensive but worth it we tried the ( that looks great mouth feel is great good to go ) WRONG WE WERE WAY OFF on are carbonation
              so what im saying get a brite tank make a schedule for your brewing and transfers and you wont look back
              cheers matt 3GB

Comment

Working...
              X