Suprapak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suprapak

I have in the past used Pall's Supradisc with great success, and now I have tried using two 16 inch SupraPAK modules for a filtration of 45 hl.

The SupraPAK filters supposedly have twice the filtration area of the Supradisc modules, and in the past I have filtered 25hl with one supradisc module.

This, however, was different. After only 20 hl the two modules got too clogged so that I had to abort the filtration.

I have heard, from another brewery, that their experiences was similar.

Anyone here have any experience with these filters?

Originally posted by grnis View Post
    I have in the past used Pall's Supradisc with great success, and now I have tried using two 16 inch SupraPAK modules for a filtration of 45 hl.

The SupraPAK filters supposedly have twice the filtration area of the Supradisc modules, and in the past I have filtered 25hl with one supradisc module.

This, however, was different. After only 20 hl the two modules got too clogged so that I had to abort the filtration.

I have heard, from another brewery, that their experiences was similar.

Anyone here have any experience with these filters?

Hi Grnis,
    I am glad that you are using the SUPRAdisc II with great success, and also happy that you are looking into new tech.

The SUPRApak DOES indeed have more surface area then a 16" SDII (~8m2 vs 5m2), however, the way it filters is different. SUPRApak uses what's known as edge flow technology to gain more surface area, and this requires allowing the holes punched strategically throughout the filter to remain open. Due to this, high solids loads are not recommended.

Where SUPRApak DOES excel is where you have a primary filter capable of reducing solids load (such as DE or Centrifuge), and then using the SPak as a polish filter.

It isn't surprising that the SPak failed prematurely in your application, as it was not designed to be a primary filter.

Please feel free to contact me if you'd like more information (Milton.Leland@Pall.com)

Thanks!

PS>Although I do work for Pall, and we do sponsor this forum, nothing I say is meant to be interpreted as representing Pall Corporation. I am just here to assist ;-)

Comment

Working...
    X