Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass Fiber Polyester Trench Drains - anyone have them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Fiber Polyester Trench Drains - anyone have them?

I've got a quote from Trench Drain Systems on glass polyester trench drains. Wondering if anyone has sourced from them and/or if you've installed drains made from that material. Thanks!

Are these the fiberglass drains or the polymer concrete drains? The vinyl ester drains are usually rated for 180° continuous while the standard polymer concrete is usually 120° continuous. Not a huge deal as those are continuous ratings, not short term ratings. Ask them about their install techniques as some cheaper drain systems can lead to much higher install costs. The biggest problem I've seen is 'floating' during the pour when people just hang them from 2x4.

You should be fine with DIN Class A for grates unless you are running it anywhere the forklifts might be going over it frequently. Then look into class B or C.

Make sure it's ADA compliant grate also, don't want that problem to come to haunt you if you have visitors. (That just means it doesn't have slots over 1/2" if I remember correctly)
    Last edited by Houston_John; 04-08-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I hope they are good, I just received them from Trench Drain Supply and will be installing them this week. As far as I could find they are the highest rated temperature and chemical resistant drains without breaking the bank and going stainless. They seem nice and durable when i received them. As stated on the post above floating drains are a big problem with cheaper drains or for people who don't install all the time. However, if you pour your concrete in two stages it will drastically reduce the chances of this. and if you are seriously considering these Pm me and i will give you the owner of trench drain supplies # and he would be more than glad to talk to you about the drains, and get you a quote,

Comment

Any update on these? Theyre right down the road from us and I was planning on putting in an order this week.

Comment

We are in early stages of expansion plans and I will be looking for a floor drainage system also what about driving over them with a fork truck?
          Mike Eme
          Brewmaster

Comment

Call Hubbell, I work with them daily on my projects and I know they will be more than happy to tell you everything you want to know about trench drains. Just figure out how much your lift truck weighs when it is loaded and how wide of a drain system you think you want and go from there.

As a global leader in the power systems industry, we offer innovative products that support the power utility, communications, civil construction, transportation, gas and water markets.

Comment

From what Ive seen, I think the weight capacity has a lot to do with the grate on top. A plastic grate will not hold up to being driven over while a thick steel one will. The channel underneath plays into it but not as much as the grate on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin Brothers View Post
                I hope they are good, I just received them from Trench Drain Supply and will be installing them this week. As far as I could find they are the highest rated temperature and chemical resistant drains without breaking the bank and going stainless. They seem nice and durable when i received them. As stated on the post above floating drains are a big problem with cheaper drains or for people who don't install all the time. However, if you pour your concrete in two stages it will drastically reduce the chances of this. and if you are seriously considering these Pm me and i will give you the owner of trench drain supplies # and he would be more than glad to talk to you about the drains, and get you a quote,
                How have you liked these drains. I am looking at the same ones?

Comment

• UrbanSouthBrewery
                  UrbanSouthBrewery commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've generally liked them. Stainless is optimal, but these have served us pretty well. The big caveat is they don't tell you about a liner you can install under the drain. I highly recommend installing the liner. Two of our applications were setting the drain within the floor, so we didn't have problems. But in one application, we built a slab on top of a slab, and the drain leaked, so that we had water coming out from the edges of our slab topper. We had to rip it all out, put the liner in, then install the drain again. So definitely put the liner in from day one. I was pretty pissed they'd never mentioned the liner being an option.
              Working...
              X