Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less Effective Biofine Batch?

Hello,

I have been using Biofine Clear in the brite tank for our beers for the past three years with great success. We transfer cold beer (32-34F) on top of it, carb, and it typically drops very clear for us in 24 hours. We use a rate of 67mls of Biofine per bbl. We just opened a new container of Biofine and did four beers with it, all beers that drop out very well for us. All processes have remained constant. All beers hit terminal gravity, passed a starch test, it isn't chill haze, and they do not show signs of an infection. However, they all did not clear in the manner they usually do. Out IPA to the point where we have had to re-fine it with other products.

Is it possible that this batch of Biofine is "bad" for lack of a better term? Has anyone else noticed batch differences with Biofine?

Thanks,

Mills

I have had this happen occasionally; you're keeping the Biofine warm right?

I always attribute this to changes in barley batches... I've never sat down and redone the Biofine bench test to see if there was an amount that would get it to drop as expected in the time expected... but in the past when one dose hasn't done the job, I have racked into another brite, redosed, and that seems to do the trick.

Comment

I've observed the same thing here and the oddest thing is that it is packaged cloudy then becomes clear in the bottle. This is after spending days in BBT after Biofine dosing. I also suspect a bad batch but haven't investigated further since we don't use it often.
      Cheers!

Mario Bourgeois
      www.CasselBrewery.ca
      Casselman ON Canada

Comment

Working...
      X