Best Malt mill? RMS vs Sasquatch. vs Roscamp vs Alpha VS HDP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Malt mill? RMS vs Sasquatch. vs Roscamp vs Alpha VS HDP

They are all about the same price fro a appx. 3K/hr unit so Opinions of users?
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

RMS is my choice...

I've used a dozen different machines with mixed results up to now. Not to knock the others, but for the money RMS is rock solid. Just take a look at the specifications. Or better yet the weight of the units. You get what you pay for and RMS gives you more material. RMS has partnered with another company that has been around a long while and this mill company caters to the large feed mills and other industries that demand reliability. I am very impressed with RMS sophistication of design, build quality, and ease of use. You can dial this thing in right to the thousandth of an inch (markings for tenths of a mm on their adjustment dial) and get remarkably repeatable sieve results. And they're made in the USA. Some overseas units I've seen would be further ahead by being melted down and shipped off to RMS to make a half of a real mill. Disclaimer: I will take RMS's money for endorsements, but haven't been offered the opportunity yet! Until then I have no connection, just very happy with their mills. And happy that I don't have to consider the whole field of other machines out there any more.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

I will second RMS great mill,good pricing and great customer service.
      Hop It And Bitterness Will Come

James Costa
      Brewmaster
      Half Moon Bay Brewing Co.
      El Granada,Ca

Comment

Another thumbs up for RMS

Originally posted by hallertau2000 View Post
        I will second RMS great mill,good pricing and great customer service.

We have been using our new four roller RMS for about two months now after replacing our last mill another brand) that lasted about three and half years. This RMS is fantastic. Nice weight, great ability to adjust, and awesome customer service (Jaki). I do not think you will be disappointed if you go with this product. For our larger production brewery now being built we went with a German mill manufacturer and now I am wondering if we we would not have been better to buy a much larger RMS.

Comment

Possibly the newer models of Rosecamps are dustless, but ours sure as hell is not. It is a Mack truck and runs forever with little to no issues. But if I were to pay the same price for a dustless I would every day of the week. I have been looking at RMS for a new project.
          Joel Halbleib
          Partner / Zymurgist
          Hive and Barrel Meadery
          6302 Old La Grange Rd
          Crestwood, KY
          www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Working...
          X