X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brew Pub POS system

Hello Brew Pub Owners,
    We are about to start buildout of our 15 BBL, 220 seat Restaurant/Beerhall
    Our situation is a little unique in that the front of the space has a 70 seat existing restaurant (Portuguese) and the banquet room in the rear will house the Brewhouse and Beerhall (150 seats). We will enhance the existing menu with "pub" food and share the kitchen. The bar will have 20/24 taps and special wine menu. Now is the time to get feedback as to the "best" POS system to use. There is currently a "Data First" system up front.
    Looking forward to your knowledge.

Ken
    Vernon Knights Brewery, Mt. Vernon, NY

I currently manage a tasting room and have run several craft beer bars. For the size you are looking with menu-wise, I would suggest Aloha. It has a great back office, easy to train on, and very server friendly. My main issue with it is that in order to update it, it shuts down the entire system for a reboot of a good 5-10min.

I currently use FuturePOS and I do like the ease of this system as well. I can update on the fly as well with out shutdown. Major drawback for me is that some of the reports are not very useful. For example, I want to see "items ordered" per hour instead of sales(which are closed out tabs). Makes it a bit of a hassle when scheduling for correct peak times.
    Paul M.
    Head Brewer
    Launch Pad Brewery
    Aurora, CO

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. I will look into both.
      Ken

Comment

Brew Pub POS system

PosiTouch and Micros are two great systems. Add those two to Aloha in your research and you'll end up with a very good system that fits your needs. They will all do great for you. Pay attention to the local sales and support staff for whatever company you choose, they are the key to a smooth running POS system. For your size, I suggest you do not entertain the iPad based systems being used in taprooms, etc.

Randy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Randy, Could you give a bigger reason for not using Ipads? The little speaking I have done (at trade shows), the sales people always seem to talk Ipads
          Ken

Comment

Working...
          X