View Full Version : Electric Control- Ground Fault Protection?

06-18-2015, 07:41 AM
Ive seen plenty of brewers on here brewing with elements and wondering how you "people protect". Being around kettles that have 480v and 72 amps with water concerns me. Especially if we are touching the tanks and a fault occurs. What type of gfci devices do you have in place?

06-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Depending on access to your circuit breaker box, the best place to have the GFCI is there. High-amperage, high-voltage GFCI breakers aren't cheap, but are much easier to source than an equivalent outlet GFCI.

All circuits serving areas with water should have GFCI breakers or outlets--brewery, kitchen, bathrooms, etc.

Consult your electrician--