TC Ferrule question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Ferrule question

Is there a difference in between pipe weld ferrules and tank weld ferrules? We are having our tanks modified in the next few weeks and I want to buy the right type. We will be putting 2" ferrules on our mash tun, HLT and Kettle (and a 6" on the top for steam venting). Also does it matter whether we go 304 or 316 stainless?
    Bill Walden
    Oddball Brewing Co.
    Suncook, NH

For welding purposes, you would want to use the same alloy, if your tank is 304 use 304, if 316 use 316. There is a difference in the diameters you should look at. If it is sized for steel pipe or steel tube. If pipe, the dimension is the ID of the pipe, if tube, it is the OD. I know our system is all designed with 1-1/2" TC ferrules with 1-1/2" steel tube on the other side of the ferrule. The TC size is standard, but I do think you can get the side you weld on in various other sizes.

Comment

My guess is that pipe weld ferrules are shorter, tank weld ferrules are longer for ease of welding at 90 degree angle....just a theory though, also as mentioned the tank weld ferrules may be heavier gauge to also make the welding to the heavy gauge stainless of a tank easier.

Comment

Working...
      X