Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dismantling Glycol System

Hi All,

I'm moving a small brewery that is currently in operation. Are there any issues to worry about when dismantling the glycol system, i.e. Do I flush out the glycol in the tank jackets, do I need to keep the glycol solution from going down the drain etc.

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes and yes. I would empty all the jackets of glycol to make the tanks easier to move and definitely keep as much of the glycol solution as you can. It is not cheap stuff and can be reused. Test it with a refractometer to determine solution concentration/freeze point.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

First of all, be sure you don't damage any jackets while draining the glycol solution! Always make sure all valves are open on the vessel you are draining, then remove the glycol line from the top--output--fitting of the vessel and drain from the lower--input--port of the jacket. This will allow air to displace the glycol as it drains, preventing a vacuum from collapsing your jackets.

As for saving the glycol solution... last time I bought glycol it was around $20/gal.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
      X