Question about Brewery Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Brewery Size

Could someone please tell me what a 10 Hectoliter brewery could include? I am specifically wondering how this statement of volume translates into the actual size of the individual components. Does a 10 HL brewery have a 1,000L kettle? Also, what is a typical number for maximum batches per day that a brewery can produce? Maybe that’s not an easy question but I am trying to estimate a maximum yearly output for a given size.

Thanks,

Mike

Usually, the 10 hectoliter figure refers to the amount of beer you end up with after the brewing and fermenting process. Your kettle and fermenters will have a larger volume (you don't fill any of them to the very top in production!).

As for maximum number of batches a day using the typical kettle/mash tun setup, if you have enough fermenters I believe you could theoretically brew four batches a day. I know that we were brewing three a day (from 6am until after midnight) four days a week at one of the microbreweries I worked for, while we were building a much larger facility. We did that for a full year! Pretty nerve-wracking whenever there was a problem (fortunately there were few!), but very, very profitable!

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Read This

Try to read this:

Cheers!
      Frank Ma
      (707) 674-1111
      frank@pbstbeer.com
      Pacific Brewery Systems Inc.
      Vallejo, CA 94592
      www.pbstbeer.com

Comment

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated!

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X