Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax-Determined Beer Response to TTB Form (how to incorporate pilot/taproom system)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax-Determined Beer Response to TTB Form (how to incorporate pilot/taproom system)

I am trying to figure out how to best answer the TTB questions below based on the following information about our operation.

Our setup: 1 40bbl brite tank that will go to kegs and eventually cans or bottles. 2bbl pilot system in which carbonation will happen in individual kegs.

The pilot systme is throwing me for a bit of a loop on how to answer the tax determination questions. Without the pilot system I would probably just say 'Yes' to question 1 and '40bbl' to question 2. I'm assuming by serving tank they keep that open ended to mean brite tank or serving tank directly hooked into a tap. Based on this information I dont know how to incorporate the pilot system into the answer. The number of kegs we have dedicated for pilot and taproom only batches from the 2bbl system could change on the drop of a hat.

Am I overthinking this?

1.The serving tanks as noted on our attached diagram are our tax-determined beer tanks: (Y/N)

2.These tanks have a working capacity of approximately how many barrels/kegs: (# BBL or Kegs)

Originally posted by briangaylor View Post
    I am trying to figure out how to best answer the TTB questions below based on the following information about our operation.

Our setup: 1 40bbl brite tank that will go to kegs and eventually cans or bottles. 2bbl pilot system in which carbonation will happen in individual kegs.

The pilot systme is throwing me for a bit of a loop on how to answer the tax determination questions. Without the pilot system I would probably just say 'Yes' to question 1 and '40bbl' to question 2. I'm assuming by serving tank they keep that open ended to mean brite tank or serving tank directly hooked into a tap. Based on this information I dont know how to incorporate the pilot system into the answer. The number of kegs we have dedicated for pilot and taproom only batches from the 2bbl system could change on the drop of a hat.

Am I overthinking this?

1.The serving tanks as noted on our attached diagram are our tax-determined beer tanks: (Y/N)

2.These tanks have a working capacity of approximately how many barrels/kegs: (# BBL or Kegs)

I would like to know this as well. We will be a 10 BBL system with a 1/2 bbl pilot system. Effectively we will have 2 sets of fermenters. How do we need to diagram this to accommodate the TTB. If someone in the same situation who has TTB approval would upload their diagram so that I can see how you had it set up.

Comment

Working...
    X