Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best sources for used/low price equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sources for used/low price equipment?

I've reached the point where I'm ready to begin pricing equipment for my brewhouse and I'm just not satisfied with the results I've found on used or good value equipment.

I'm looking for a 10+ bbl system, all ales. I've tried the Suppliers Directory, but I haven't had good results there either.

To complicate things, I'm doing this in Japan. While trans-pacific shipping isn't out of the question, I'm sure this will complicate matters...

Anyways, I would appreciate any insight.
    www.devilcraft.jp
    www.japanbeertimes.com

If you are trying to source good used equipment and get it to Japan, I highly recommend getting in touch with Vince Cottone (Sound Brewing Systems) at www.soundbrew.com. I have bought and sold through him for years and have yet to have any problems. He seems to do alot of business in the Pacific Rim. Good Luck to You!

Comment

Get a hold of Frank Ma at Fma88@yahoo.com. I recently bought some fermenters from him that were manufactutred in China. He has a new brew house on its way to the Sactremento area that was manufacturered in China as well. I am sure it would be much easier to ship to Japan than it was to NY.

Good Luck
      Cheers,

Scott Vaccaro
      Captain Lawrence Brewing CO
      Elmsford, NY
      www.CaptainLawrenceBrewing.com

Comment

North American Brewing Supply

This website is for sale! nabrewing.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, nabrewing.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
        Cheers & I'm out!
        David R. Pierce
        NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
        POB 343
        New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

hmm...any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the links! Much appreciated! I will check them out in more detail in the coming weeks.

Spied this for sale online for 20k...any opinions?

10 bbl BRD Direct Fire Brewing System
          Built 1989

o One (1) Twelve Barrel Hot Liquor Tank

o One (1) Ten Barrel Mash/Lauter Tun

- Copper-clad

- Includes grist hydrator

o One (1) Ten Barrel Direct-Fire Brewkettle/Whirlpool

- Copper-clad

- Wok-style burner unit

- 12" Triple wall exhaust system for the brew kettle.

o One (1) Heat Exchanger

o Two (2) Brewhouse Pumps

o One (1) Lot of Brewhouse Stainless Steel Hard Piping

o One (1) Lot of Miscellaneous Brewhouse Valves and Fittings

o Three (3) 7 -bbl (250 gallon gross cap.) Paul Mueller open-top fermenters

- Open top with lid, flat bottom

- Jacketed, insulated, and stainless steel clad

- Glycol jackets on the sidewall.

o Eight (8) 7-bbl Grundy style single wall serving vessels

- Side manway doors (clamp on)

- Butterfly valves, sample valves, CIP

- Internal cooling coil for glycol, not jacketed

- All tanks have carbonation stone fittings, six tanks have carbonation stones

o Twelve (12) 15.5 gallon straight-side Sankey kegs

Still missing some key parts, but seems like a nice core setup at a low price. Apperance isn't important, as it won't be a showpiece. Not really liking the 7 bbl open fermenters, a 10 bbl capacity doesn't make sense with 7 bbl fermenters, not big on open fermenting either, but that's probably just my personal bias as I've never been around it. I guess the small HLT might be why they had 7 bbl fermenters, I doubt they were making at the 10 bbl capacity with the undersized tank...

I would appreciate any input!
          www.devilcraft.jp
          www.japanbeertimes.com

Comment

Just my two cents' worth, but I'd give Vince (Soundbrew), Ian (NABS) or Jason (Ager Tank) a call and talk to them about what you're specifically looking for. I can almost guarantee they will help you more than we could by you just posting item lists

Good luck in your equipment search!

Rob
            "By man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world" -- St. Arnold of Metz

Comment

It is apparently very difficult to find anything good in the 7-15 bbl range. I know two brewers who are looking for used systems and not having much luck. Not like it was just three or four years ago.
              Linus Hall
              Yazoo Brewing
              Nashville, TN
              www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

heres a good source for both large and small used equipments

This website is for sale! albin-halbritter-gmbh.de is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, albin-halbritter-gmbh.de has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                www.Lervig.no

Comment

Definetly get in touch with Frank Ma. Good man to deal with.

Comment

Thanks!

Appreciate the 411's everyone.

Frank made mention of a turnkey going up in Yuba City, any relation there msmartin?
                    www.devilcraft.jp
                    www.japanbeertimes.com

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X