Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience with Large Polyethylene Silos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with Large Polyethylene Silos?

Hey guys -

Does anybody have experience with these in a brewery setting? I'd love to hear from you if so...
    This tank is great for water and liquids storage. Cylindrical shape with a 45 degree cone bottom ending in an 12" clearance. Made from polyethylene for above ground use. Available in natural white and black. For storage usage only.

(Yes I see that they have a 45 deg cone...)

Justin
    Justin Smith

President & Business Development
    Ten Sleep Brewing Co., Inc.
    2549B Highway 16
    PO Box 406
    Ten Sleep, WY 82442
    tensleepbrewing@gmail.com
    www.tensleepbrewingco.com
    www.facebook.com/TSBCo

I use a bulk bin from polydome for my grist case. I have the 1.5 ton version in the link below, MUCH smaller than the one in your link though. Have an auger boot on it, had to modify it a little with a steel plate for the end of the auger to pull against because it ended up wearing through the plastic pretty quick. I have a 4" chore time auger and it pulls grain out pretty quick with pretty much nothing but dust left in the case. We are currently using pre crushed malt, cut a trap door in the lid and put some hinges on it, pour grain in through there. When we get our mill, I will cut another chute for a drop in from an auger up from the mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolhand View Post
      Hey guys -

Does anybody have experience with these in a brewery setting? I'd love to hear from you if so...
      This tank is great for water and liquids storage. Cylindrical shape with a 45 degree cone bottom ending in an 12" clearance. Made from polyethylene for above ground use. Available in natural white and black. For storage usage only.

(Yes I see that they have a 45 deg cone...)

Justin
      What are you going to be putting int the tank?

Comment

Originally posted by wailingguitar View Post
        I use a bulk bin from polydome for my grist case. I have the 1.5 ton version in the link below, MUCH smaller than the one in your link though. Have an auger boot on it, had to modify it a little with a steel plate for the end of the auger to pull against because it ended up wearing through the plastic pretty quick. I have a 4" chore time auger and it pulls grain out pretty quick with pretty much nothing but dust left in the case.
        http://www.polydome.com/bulk_bins.html
        exactly this. would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
        X