need some guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some guidance

I am a new distribution company. I am running into a problem. The basics of my business are bringing new unproven brands into new areas; basically I am doing missionary work! My main problem is how should I deal with the new breweries that want me to carry there brand. Mainly how should I pay for the product? Here are some possible ways I could think of doing this: Charge the brewer something like a commission based sales. Make a contract with the brewer to allow me to return unsold product to them for a refund by a certain date. Buy the product outright from the brewer and sell it to the retail businesses. My obvious problem with the last one is that I make a huge investment and since it is a unproven brand it fails to sell and I take all the lost. I would appreciate any help on this subject thank you. www.cooperbeer.com

Order what you think you can sell in a month and pay for it 30 days after you recieve it. If some it still around after an agreed upon expiration date with the brewery a refund may be in order depending upon your agreement with them. I'm sure the state of CA has some laws regarding this. Here in NY all beer must be paid for within 30 days.

Comment

Kentucky is COD.
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

wish NY was COD.

Comment

Washington is COD.

Comment

Yeah, just buy a month's supply and take the replenishment as you see fit from there. If you're getting to a point where shelf life is going to be a problem in a month or so, let them know in advance so they can maybe find an outlet for it before the code date hits.

I make it a policy of buying back beer from my master distributor if it's not moving briskly. Who wants old stock out there - neither of you!

Then again, but our relationship may be a unique one, as I dial my production into their demands.

Good luck, and keep converting the unconverted!
            Scott

P.S. PA is COD too. Gotta love that.

Comment

Thank you all very much for the great information. Did anybody see if the link worked

Comment

Originally posted by Cooperbeer
                Thank you all very much for the great information. Did anybody see if the link worked
                You seem to have a lot of gibberish.

Comment

Like he said......

Yeah, Du........the link's hosed. A lot of code instead of a webpage, Cooper.

Comment

I'm sorry for asking but what's COD?

Comment

COD=cash on delivary.

Comment

Working...
                      X