More canning questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More canning questions

Does anybody know of other small-run canning equipment suppliers out there? Sources of cans? May cans be used with pressure sesitive labels, or must they be printed, bought, inventoried, and used for each separate canned product? Thanks!
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

cans

You want to contact Cask company out of Canada. You can find two head manual fillers or 5 head automatic lines. They work with Ball Corp. to print small run cans. -even have graphics people to help you with design (still need to accept a truckload each time.-20 pallets?)
    I have heard someone is experiementing with labels rather than printing on the can, but haven't seen it my self.
    Good Luck
    Matt Van Wyk
    Brewmaster
    Oakshire Brewing
    Eugene Oregon

Comment

oops

Sorry-when you said "other" did you mean other than Cask. If so. My mistake. I don't know of another.
      Matt Van Wyk
      Brewmaster
      Oakshire Brewing
      Eugene Oregon

Comment

Howdy,
        Found an ad for AO Wilson out of Bolton, Ontario, in the Mid-Atlantic Brew News. Small ad - not a lot of information. Phone numbers are as follows:
        Eastern Canada/NorthEastern US call (450) 439-3961; Western Canada/NorthWestern US call (250) 764-2645. Their website is www.aowilson.ca and email is info@aowilson.ca. The website wasn't very enlightening about the canning equipment, though. I don't know anything about them - I called Cask when doing my research about canning.

As for labelling, I'm going to echo BMOOR here and say that I recall someone mentioning that they used printed labels for their cans. I think they got printed cans for their regular line of beers, but used printed labels for specials and seasonals. Hand-labelled, too, as I recall. I'm not sure, but it may have been Oskar Blues or Ska Brewing. I wondered the same thing you did, Gitch - am I going to have to order printed cans and store them for every special batch I do? Seemed like a logistical nightmare. The printed labelling idea seems pretty solid. I don't mind hand-labelling, myself, but maybe you could get the cans through an automatic labeller. Whatever you discover about it, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Take it easy,
        Tsewong
        Mike Hiller, Head Brewer
        Strangeways Brewing
        2277-A Dabney Road
        Richmond, VA 23230
        804-303-4336
        www.strangewaysbrewing.com

Comment

More canning questions

If you are looking at installing a line I think the Cask is the way to go. We just had one installed and ran 20 bbls in about six hours, and that was with getting everthing adjusted right and learning how to use the thing. The process is pretty amazing to watch, and really quite simple. The line doesn't take up to much space and the customer service has been top notch.

Comment

Working...
          X