Adding cooling to single wall tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding cooling to single wall tank

Originally I had planned to build a cooler room using a coolbot or commercial walk in compressor unit. Because of the building configuration in my facility this is turning out to be very difficult.

Is there any way to retrofit my 15 BBL brite tank with freon lines or an after market glycol jacket?

I know someone who has a HVAC business who said he could do the work but he did not know if there was an aftermarket jacket for the tank or if he ran copper lines around the top 2/3 of the tank above the manway with freon if it would get the tank cool enough to carbonate. My goal is to move to a larger facility in the next 6 months to 1 year at which point I could build a cooler room or switch my tank for a jacketed one.

Just buy a jacketed brite tank and save yourself lots of money, time and hassle.

Comment

I was in the same boat. My brite had two extra TC ports on top so I dropped in stainless coils. The coils passed through TC threads which screwed into pipe threaded compression fittings. Works great.

Comment

I would love to buy a jacketed tank, however I don't want to deal with the additional cost and especially the time issue - I need to start getting my product out the door, TTB and permitting issues have put me 7 months behind on my timeline and I am determined to be selling by the end of September.

NatchezBrew, did you buy a prefabricated coil and then connect inside the tank?

Comment

No I bought 50' of coiled 1/2" stainless cool from eBay. Ran the ends through the open TC ports then into the threaded TC and compression fittings. It was all real easy. I can send pics if you like

Comment

Sent you a Pm

Comment

Hi guys, I know this is a super old thread. Did you end up figuring out coils to chill? I have 2 6bbl brites I need to do the same thing to. Thanks for any help! Ian

Comment

Working...
              X