Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBST tank carbstone assemblies

Hey all,

Looking to pick up a couple spare carb stones and carb stone parts for our 2 PBST brite tanks. I already have a email into FrankMa, just checking if anyone else has a source for stones with a 2.5" TC end.

Thanks

JackK

Hey Jack,
    We have switched over to using the GW Kent carbonators in our 15bbl and 30bbl PBST brite tanks and they work great. Just get a couple of these... http://www.glaciertanks.com/End_Cap_...cer_SS304.html and you're off to the races.

We were having some trouble with the flimsy silicone gaskets that hold the stone to the assembly on the PBST carb set-ups. Not tightening the assembly enough was allowing CO2 to escape before the stone, and tightening it down a lot was causing the silicon gasket to bind and pinch still allowing big bubbles to escape before the stone. Definitely worth checking out before you install the PBST carb stones on the tank and filling it with beer!
    Jason Mullikin
    Head Brewer/Janitor/Wearer of many Hats
    Mully's Brewery
    141 Schooner Ln.
    Prince Frederick, MD

Comment

We use Zahm and Nagel stone assys. Very good quality, probably not cheap--but some of ours have been in constant use for 20+ years.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Reviving and old thread here.

I'm having the same issues as the OP with some PBST carb stones. In addition to that I have one that has cracked already. I am trying to source spare parts through PBST but no luck yet.

This does bring me to a bigger question regarding stones. What other designs/suppliers are out there? We have used the GW Kent stones and don't really like how hard you have to tighten them to get a decent seal. I haven't used the Zahm and Nagel ones but they seem to be a very similar design so I assume they work about the same as the GWK ones.

Are there any other manufacturers out there that people have had good reliable success with?
        Scott LaFollette
        Fifty West Brewing Company
        Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Working...
        X