Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A DIFFERENT POS question

Hi All,

There is a ton of discussion here about Ipad pos systems. I am looking for a NON-ipad (I suppose a traditional) pos. My preference is to buy the software and hardware and not deal with monthly subscriptions, which is cheaper over time.

Questions:
    1) Does anyone use a traditional POS and if so, which and are you happy with it?
    2) Any feedback on AccuPOS? They seem to have a nice setup and not overly costly (about $1200 upfront for 2 terminals for the software, plus cost of computer with touch screen, but that pays for itself after about a year (or less) of monthly subscriptions). I spoke to them and I like what they say, but you never know if it is for real. So any feedback would be appreciated.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, JB

Originally posted by jbrewer View Post
    Hi All,

There is a ton of discussion here about Ipad pos systems. I am looking for a NON-ipad (I suppose a traditional) pos. My preference is to buy the software and hardware and not deal with monthly subscriptions, which is cheaper over time.

Questions:
    1) Does anyone use a traditional POS and if so, which and are you happy with it?
    2) Any feedback on AccuPOS? They seem to have a nice setup and not overly costly (about $1200 upfront for 2 terminals for the software, plus cost of computer with touch screen, but that pays for itself after about a year (or less) of monthly subscriptions). I spoke to them and I like what they say, but you never know if it is for real. So any feedback would be appreciated.

Any thoughts?

Cheers, JB
    I have been real happy with Focus POS (http://www.focuspos.com/). I worked a lot with Positouch and Micros and was looking for a change for a restaurant project a few years ago. We found Focus and have been really pleased with it. Since then there are a few local tasting rooms in the area running it now as well.

Comment

Thanks bcockle, I will check out.
      Cheers, JB

Comment

We've used Restaurant Pro Express from pcAmerica for 4.5 years. I like it because we have a large beer garden & tasting room and we needed to be able to do tabs.

It's simpler and less costly than Aloha, and comes with built-in gift card capability. I had to purchase the physical gift cards, but there's no monthly fee for them. I use RPE to maintain inventory of all our merchandise, in addition to retail beer sales.

I looked at Shopkeep a few years ago, but at the time they couldn't run tabs. Also, I would've had to sign with a third party to manage my gift cards. Never realized that wasn't an integral part of some POS systems.

If you go to CBC, there's a lunchtime meeting of CFOs and owners who do their own books, like me. It's been incredibly helpful for matters like this.

Hope this helps,
        Barbara
        Anaheim Brewery

Comment

Working...
        X