TTB: Brewpub vs Tavern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TTB: Brewpub vs Tavern?

We're opening up what I consider a brewpub in the eyes of the TTB (though not in the eyes of our state's abc) as we are producing beer and have a taproom in the same building with the two divided by a wall. A few questions if anyone can help:

- Would this distinction as a brewpub limit the ability to send out beer to distribution?

- All the TTB forms reference brewpub, while the actual code only mentions "brewery with a tavern" http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx...5_125&rgn=div8 Are these essentially the same thing?

-Lastly, everyone seems to have issues with submitting their diagram with the relevant tax and tank labeling, yet it's the only thing I haven't found general guidelines for outside of the legal code itself. Can anyone point to a good resource (other than an attorney?) or have any good experience to share on this?

Thanks,
    Gabe

Originally posted by finecreek View Post
    -Lastly, everyone seems to have issues with submitting their diagram with the relevant tax and tank labeling, yet it's the only thing I haven't found general guidelines for outside of the legal code itself. Can anyone point to a good resource (other than an attorney?) or have any good experience to share on this?
    Gabe, just notate each vessel with a unique name (FV1, FV2, etc.) and provide the capacity of the vessel in gallons. We're still waiting to receive our final approval from the TTB manager, but that's how we did it and had no problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	190775
    Kevin Shertz
    Chester River Brewing Company
    Chestertown, MD

Comment

Thanks Chesterbrew!

Comment

ChesterBrew, How long have you been waiting for your final approval? Or have you been approved, yet? We have been waiting for about 4 weeks. Just curious if this is similar to your experience?

Comment

Working...
        X