Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-pack carrier supplier

Fellow brewers,

My ongoing seething frustration with our current supplier of 6-pack carriers has finally reached the tipping point. I won't waste bandwidth recounting all of the ways this supplier has failed my company, but the worst involve multiple occasions of the following scenario. I place an order and am told that the carriers will ship in 6 weeks. Approximately 4 weeks later I call to make sure everything is ok with the schedule, and am told that yes it is. Approximately 4 weeks after that I call and am told that there was some sort of mix up (buck passing, buck passing, buck passing) and my carriers didn't print. Maybe we'll be able to get them to you about a month late.

I am eager to switch suppliers. My ideal supplier would (in no particular order) 1) reliably ship on time, 2) inform me if there is a delay (rather than waiting for my distressed call when they don't arrive), 3) offer quality carriers on wet-strength board stock, 4) be able to handle relatively small orders (we typically buy between 12,000 and 24,000 carriers at a time, though we're growing!), 5) offer reasonable pricing.

I would appreciate any advice anyone might be able to offer. Who do you recommend? Who would you avoid? Thanks very much.

Paul Philippon
    The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery
    Farmville NC
    We are a small packaging microbrewery located in Farmville, North Carolina. We specialize in beautiful, delicious, full flavored dark beers. When we brew, we’re happy and we dance. During fermentation, we sing softly to the yeast. Please try our beer and enjoy a taste of contentment!

6 pack carriers

You really ought to contact RTS packaging. They are fantastic to work with and will meet and exceed your expectations on the list you have. They often will do runs with other brewers and offer very good prices and will inform you of price increases and why.

Kent Haffenreffer
    16 Washington Ave.
    Scarborough, ME 04074

(207) 883-8921
    cell (207) 329-0890
    Kai Adams
    Sebago Brewing Company
    www.sebagobrewing.com

Comment

Another source we have been very happy with is Keystone Paper. We have been through many suppliers over the years, and so far they have been the best yet. On the other hand, we just switched to them 3 months ago, so the track record is thin.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelhouse
        Another source we have been very happy with is Keystone Paper. We have been through many suppliers over the years, and so far they have been the best yet. On the other hand, we just switched to them 3 months ago, so the track record is thin.
        We are in the same boat, just switched to Keystone. So far, so good.

We distribute high quality supplies to manufacturing plants, distribution centers & distributors. Industrial packaging, janitorial, stapling, & more.
        Cheers & I'm out!
        David R. Pierce
        NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
        POB 343
        New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info, guys. I've already started the ball rolling on one of these suggestions and will do the same on the other very soon. I really appreciate the camraderie in our industry that funds this sharing of information and support.

Paul Philippon
          Farmville NC
          We are a small packaging microbrewery located in Farmville, North Carolina. We specialize in beautiful, delicious, full flavored dark beers. When we brew, we’re happy and we dance. During fermentation, we sing softly to the yeast. Please try our beer and enjoy a taste of contentment!

Comment

Carrier pricing?

Will anyone inform me of their carrier pricing in the 20,000 quantity. We contract for about 250,000 carriers per year and pay about $ 0.24 each plus freight. I've been told by some larger breweries that this is high. Any adivce?
            Thanks
            TomPeters@FortCollinsBrewery.com

Comment

Gamer?

Thanks everyone who shared their experiences (good and bad, on the message board and privately) with 6-pack carrier suppliers. I have contacted several of them and the most likely ones are working on quotes for me.

Following leads has me getting quotes from one supplier that no one specifically mentioned: Gamer Packaging. Does anyone here use them? Would you be kind enough to share your experiences (good or bad, publicly or privately)? Thanks very much.

Paul Philippon
              Farmville NC
              paul@duckrabbitbrewery.com

Comment

Working...
              X