Stainless Tote Brite Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Tote Brite Tank

Anyone doing this? Been looking at a few that could be feasible for 10BBL, just trying to see if anyone has real world experience and advice.

http://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...gallon-SS-tote

Pressure

Supposedly, you're not supposed to pressurize these tanks. I would assume that there are some manufactured to hold pressure, but most have giant stickers on them warning not to pressurize.

Normally, a bright tank would need to be under pressure to maintain carbonation levels, so I don't think they'd work.

Comment

I have 5 x 350 gallon totes for sale like this (though not modified yet with outlets, etc). The stamp on the side clearly indicates they're rated for 9.5 psi. At 40F, 9.5 psi is enough to get you 2.2-2.3 volumes of CO2.

Comment

9.5 psi may be good enough to maintain carbonation ('though most craft beers run around 2.5 v/v and up), but what if you use a CO2 or mixed-gas push to deliver the beer? We maintain about 16 psi for our CO2-pushed beers, and our bottler requires about 25 psi.

Our brights--made by DCI--are rated at 30 psi.

Per the post linked above: square corners=difficult cleaning. There's a reason (well, several reasons) brewery vessels are round.
        Last edited by TGTimm; 12-08-2015, 01:33 PM.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
        X