Yeast Propagation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeast Propagation

Our TTB application has been submitted for final approval, but it's not official yet. We purchased a 7 BBL pitch of yeast, does anyone know if we're allowed to grow it up in the fermenter with starter wort?
    Last edited by Olivia_Jade; 11-25-2015, 06:05 PM.

Originally posted by Olivia_Jade View Post
    Our TTB application has been submitted for final approval, but it's not official yet. We purchased a 7 BBL pitch of yeast, does anyone know if we're allowed to grow it up in the fermenter with starter wort?
    I wouldn't. Let's say an agent drops by during propagation. How are you going to explain you are growing yeast and not illegally producing beer?

Comment

Originally posted by Floor Malted View Post
      I wouldn't. Let's say an agent drops by during propagation. How are you going to explain you are growing yeast and not illegally producing beer?
      I am sure that you want to get moving but I would agree too dangerous. The oddsd of an agent stopping by are small but you are at a very delicate time as you get going and dont want to start off on the wrong foot. Plus, who knows how long it will take to get the final approval
      Mike Eme
      Brewmaster

Comment

Working...
      X