Keg foam detector (FOB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg foam detector (FOB)

I looking at getting some micromatic FOB detectors for our beer lines. Our setup is 85 ft horizontal run with a McDantim Blender. We are going through on average 120-150 kegs per month with about 2-3 pitchers of foam per keg change. It translates to about $2500 a month down the drain. Is there numerous brewpubs using these things? My concern is cleanability and quality of product? Thank for the help.

Cheers,
    Travis Zeilstra
    Brewer
    Montana Brewing Co

Travis,

I just went to do a "Brewer's Night" at a Seattle Pub that had bars on 2 floors. They used the Micromatic FOB devices and the manager there swore by them. I must play the ignorance card as to the exact procedure to clean them, but they said that they were cleaned by their tap cleaner as part of their routine with very little added effort.

The manager had used others (a Perlick style where it mounts right on the keg, I believe), but felt the separate Micromatic device was the better unit.

Comment

Cleaning Micro-Matic Fobs

The fobs are cleaned while cleaning your draft lines. There is a little lever on the bottom that holds the float up to allow full CIP without shutting your cleaning off. The fobs can be disassembled for more through semi-annual cleaning.

The things do work great and pay for themselves in a short time.
      Cheers & I'm out!
      David R. Pierce
      NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
      POB 343
      New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

I got 21 of these in use, they work quit well and are easy to clean, they are a bit pricy, but watch ebay ocasionally they are on there, I got all of my for an average of $20 ea over time

Comment

We have an 85 foot horizontal run and are using FOBS with a Dantim Blender as well. We are usually getting 116-118 pints per keg with very little foam ever experienced if you are keeping the same beer on each line. The inner workings of the FOBS are cleaned when we clean the lines and have worked great for the 6 months we have had them. I highly recommend the set up.

Randy Schnose
          Brewer / Hoperations Manager
          Riff Raff Brewing Co

Comment

Working...
          X