Crowler Seamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowler Seamers

Hey I am wondering if the Dixie seamer is the unit being sent out by Oskar Blues for their crowlers or if they are still sending out those big heavy steel seamers. Anyone know?

I believe Dixie is making it's own unit and Oskar Blues is some type of other retrofitted unit. At least that's how I understood it.

Comment

Crowler seamer

The Crowler seamer we received as part of the Oscar Blues deal was from Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry. It's a heavy-duty machine but easily fits on our bartop and works great.

Comment

Crowler Seamers

Thanks Otter. I knew theirs was the heavy duty one but have seen these new ones from Dixie popping up. I think we are going to stick with the original.

Comment

The Dixie seamers are much more expensive. I think double the price. Oskar Blues has done some modifications to the one they sell and ours has been workin great for over 5000 cans now

Comment

I'll add that the folks at Oskar Blues have been extremely helpful with replacement parts. We can a lot of porter and it can really gum up the seamer wheels so we need to clean a lot. We had consistent problems with one of the originals ones and OB and they've gone the extra mile to keep us up and running. We've had it for over a year and gone through about 8k cans with few seam issues. Make sure you invest in a nice micrometer or dial caliper so you can test your seams.

Comment

Gauge recommendation

Originally posted by bierstein View Post
              I'll add that the folks at Oskar Blues have been extremely helpful with replacement parts. We can a lot of porter and it can really gum up the seamer wheels so we need to clean a lot. We had consistent problems with one of the originals ones and OB and they've gone the extra mile to keep us up and running. We've had it for over a year and gone through about 8k cans with few seam issues. Make sure you invest in a nice micrometer or dial caliper so you can test your seams.
              Hello Bierstein,

Can you recommend a good gauge for inspecting the seams? I've looked at the Mitutoyo gauges but don't know the measurements involved. I'm learning on the fly here.

Thanks,
              Todd Malloy
              Director of Brewing
              Glenwood Canyon Brewing Co.
              Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Comment

Working...
              X