Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manual bottle rinser: spray nozzle design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual bottle rinser: spray nozzle design?

We're a small brewery w/ a 2 head filler and rinsing/prepping bottles has pretty much been the bane of our existence. I've looked into commercially available manual rinsers, but on top of being out of our budget, they all seems somewhat lacking in design so naturally we've undertaken building our own.

The plan is basically to use a sink (or sinks) w/ a manifold and FastRacks as I've seen many people on here do; however, where I'm stuck is on how to properly design the rinsing tubes/nozzles/whatever. I've tried 1/4" ID rigid acetel tubing which works "ok", but I'm wondering if actual spray nozzles might be better. With that said, I underestimated how many variables can go into a properly designed spray nozzle. Would a basic stream work or would a cone be better (if so, what degree)? What flow-rate is optimal? Etc...

Either way figured I'd post as surely some of yall have better (simpler) ideas I'm just overlooking!

gw kent has some. never used them though?

Comment

We had a local engineer build a bottle rinser that held 24 bottles in a stainless wire rack. We could either run water or sanitiser through it. It worked a treat and was incorporated into a DIY, manual keg washing station we used to use. I'll post some photos later today or tomorrow.
      Regards,
      Chris Mills

Kereru Brewing Company
      http://kererubrewing.co.nz

Comment

That would be awesome...thanks Chris!

gw kent has some. never used them though?
        Thought I checked GW Kent and didn't see anything....hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlosCarlies View Post
          That would be awesome...thanks Chris!

Thought I checked GW Kent and didn't see anything....hmmm.

kinda pricey at $179, but they exist.

Comment

Originally posted by beerme View Post
            http://www.gwkent.com/cip-miniature-...y-nozzles.html
            kinda pricey at $179, but they exist.
            Yikes! Looks cool, but considering we'd need 24 of them, yeah probably not going to happen.

I was thinking more something like this at ~$2 a piece:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...7954&catid=971

Click image for larger version

Name:	60781p.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	190826

Comment

I would like $2 better as well, plus if they are plastic they may be less likely to chip the neck of the bottles.

If you can get one with a hosebarb connection you could use the 5/8 poly draft tube.

let us know when you do sort it out as it might be handy to have.

the other option is to look at a meheen type rinser...

Comment

Working...
              X