Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cold room - camlock pannels? glycol fans....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold room - camlock pannels? glycol fans....

hey guys I am orderiing a load from sungood, and am down to coldroom construction. I made my last one out of foam and silicone, but am always paranoid that I missed some crack, and am loosing energy. I am considering getting camlock panels added to my order, anyone have experience good or bad? looking for a provider.

Also regarding the cooling unit, is there any reason not to just hook fans up to my glycol chiller?

thanks
    todd

Originally posted by morrillt View Post
    hey guys I am orderiing a load from sungood, and am down to coldroom construction. I made my last one out of foam and silicone, but am always paranoid that I missed some crack, and am loosing energy. I am considering getting camlock panels added to my order, anyone have experience good or bad? looking for a provider.

Also regarding the cooling unit, is there any reason not to just hook fans up to my glycol chiller?

thanks
    todd
    Hi Todd,
    I have had positive experiences with camlock panels concerning energy leaks. But I've also had equally good results with a site-built room.
    I would not hook fans up to your glycol chiller. It seems it could overtax the condenser/compressor and reduce the cooling of both your glycol system and your cold room. I suggest you give the folks prorefrigeration.com/prochiller.com a call.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

What you are looking for are called SIPS (Structural Insulated Panels). I have a bunch of experience using them with Timber Frame Homes. They are really simple to build with and in most places you do not need a building permit to build a cooler so you could easily do it yourself. They are very easy to seal and the most efficient method of construction available. Depending on your part of the country it may be pretty easy to purchase them with low shipping cost. They can be up to 8' x 24' so shipping can get expensive if they are made too far away from your location.

If you have any more questions I would be happy to answer them to the best of my ability. I do not sell them but have a bunch of experience using them. My cell is 916.622.1605, I am Dan.
      Apex Brewing Supply
      Ashley at 916.250.7700 or Joe at 916.250.7950
      Ashley@apexbrewingsupply.com or Joe@apexbrewingsupply.com
      www.apexbrewingsupply.com

Comment

Working...
      X