FOB advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOB advice?

Were looking to totally redesign our beer delivery system this spring. We'll be running two 12-product beer trunks, one 30, one 40', with pumps, and FOBs would save lots of beer--we think.

Any advice? Any particular brands to look for/avoid?
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
    Were looking to totally redesign our beer delivery system this spring. We'll be running two 12-product beer trunks, one 30, one 40', with pumps, and FOBs would save lots of beer--we think.

Any advice? Any particular brands to look for/avoid?
    FOB & beer pump are the only way to go with longer runs to avoid wastage and foaming issues!!

Comment

Had a system from Micromatic at my old brewery it worked great. My suggestion would be to stick with one company to provide the entire system that way the products all are known to work correctly with each other. Plus, if there is an issue one company wont blame it on the other one. Not sure if you are going to CBC this year but Micromatic puts on a great class every year the day before the start of the conference
      Mike Eme
      Brewmaster

Comment

Thanks again.

We currently have 8 Flo-jet pneumatically powered beer pumps, and they work great so we'll be sticking with those. Most of our delivery gear (keg heads, taps) are Micromatic and their quality is very good, so FOBs from them looks like a good choice.

This should be a interesting project--we currently pull beer from two different coolers, both shared with the bar/kitchen. We're looking at getting an outdoor walk-in cooler dedicated solely to on-tap kegs--until the kitchen starts filling it up, of course.

I'd be very interested in any design/layout ideas for a dedicated walk-in for a 12 beer system--probably at least four serial lines, serving two different locations (inside bar, outside kiosk).

We currently feed our outside kiosk with a 75', 8 product glycol-cooled beer trunk with Flo-Jet pumps, so I have some experience with these parts.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
        X