asceptic puree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asceptic puree

trying to locate a midwest producer/supplier of asceptic fruit puree. anyone know of one?
    david lawrence
    keweenaw brewing co
    houghton mi 49931

Oregon Fruit

Not in the Mid-west but the best IMHO. I've used their puree for years.

Our roots are firmly planted in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, one of the best growing regions on the world. For over 85 years, our fruit has been known for its unparalleled quality, flavor, color, and natural sweetness.
    Cheers & I'm out!
    David R. Pierce
    NABC & Bank Street Brewhouse
    POB 343
    New Albany, IN 47151

Comment

i agree they are the best but the shipping cost is a bit rough for me.
      david lawrence
      keweenaw brewing co
      houghton mi 49931

Comment

I switched from puree to concetrated fruit juice because of the high cost of shipping and am much happier with the results. I get my juice from Juice products in Chicago. Number is 312-654-5000
        Scott Isham
        Harper's Brewpub

Comment

more fruity stuff

thanks for the tip. i just talked to them. now... utilization must change and since i have olny brewed with puree i was wonderin' if you could let me in on the when, where, and how much side of using concentrate. thanks
          david lawrence
          keweenaw brewing co
          houghton mi 49931

Comment

David - For 15 barrels of 13 degree plato beer, I use 7.5 gallons of juice that is injected inline from the fermenter to the serving tank from a corny keg. It makes for a very fruity beer which my customers love. It's pretty easy to figure out what you need to use. If you use an 1/2 ounce in a gallon, you'll use 7.5 ounces in a barrel, so I just used a growler with different concetrations till I found what the customers liked. I don't filter my beer so there is a slight refermentation in the serving tank, but it goes so quick I really don't have to worry about it. That may be something to think about if you are going to package it. That's about it. It's very nice not having to get rid of all that pulp every time, it really saves beer from going down the drain with the pulp.
            Scott Isham
            Harper's Brewpub

Comment

excellent. thank you very much. this is a one-off for a festival promo so i won't be sittin' on it either. question: taste like fruit not extract? i'm not a fan of "fake flavor". also; ever put it in the fv after fermentation and let it sit there a few days to eliminate sediment in the tdt and still get the flavor out of it? again, i appreciate the help.
              david lawrence
              keweenaw brewing co
              houghton mi 49931

Comment

The flavor is definately real fruit and not the cough syrupy extract that most fruit beers taste like. There will be no sediment in the juice. It looks cloudy at 65 degree brix but as it gets diluted in the beer it is very clear. For me, as soon as it's in the brite tank and carbed it's ready to go.
                Scott Isham
                Harper's Brewpub

Comment

Working...
                X