Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for recipe scaling and saving

Hello All,

I am new to the commercial brewing world and am aboutto step up to the big boys with a 30BBL system. We currently brew ona 1/2BBL system and Iwas wondering if anyone could recommend recipe software that could help with scaling recipes as well as designed for large systems like this. I would like something that I can easily save and revise recipes to share with the owners as I come up with new recipes.

Suggestions?
    Cheers,

Sean Goddard
    Brewmaster
    Whitewater Brewing Co. LTD

There is more to it than just a linear scale, in fact it is very equipment specific when it comes down to it. The best thing to do is scale linearly, then brew it on the new system, measure the gravities pre and post boil, along with pre and post boil volumes. Send a sample of the finished beer to a lab for IBU testing. Do the math for mash efficiency, boil off, IBU extraction and then you will know what changes to the recipes you really have to make. There is no one software that can do all of this on its own, you have to tell it the brewhouse parameters first, only way to get those is by test batches.

Comment

Yup this all makes sense and that is partly my plan. I know that I need to setup equipment and all that I'm more looking for something I can setup for recipe to save and revise. Not really looking for something to give me specifics. I can manages that end of things just something that can track my versions.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
      Cheers,

Sean Goddard
      Brewmaster

Comment

I use beer tools pro, ive used it since homebrewing and it is working well here for us on a 10bbl setup.

Comment

Awesome! I'm using beer smith right now and I'm not sure how well it will work for a 30bbl recipe.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
          Cheers,

Sean Goddard
          Brewmaster

Comment

Working...
          X