Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Tanks Shine Again

Hello All!

We recently installed a new set of tanks and during the passivization and cleaning processes allot of acid end up coming into contact with the outside of the tanks. At the time the staff wanted to make sure everything was passivized so they allow it to come out of any ports. In doing that however it made the outside of the tanks look horrible. Since they we have been unable to remove these streaks different products.

I wanted to know if anyone had product recommendation to clean the tanks up and my them shine again.

The only thing left I can think of is getting a power buffer and trying to buff everything off the tanks.

Bill

StarShine

It's hard to recommend a product to make your tanks shine again without knowing what the streaks are like/what is causing them. In general we use 5-Star's StarShine on the exterior of our tanks and it does a great job. We put it on straight instead of diluting for stubborn stains. If you have tried several products and acids without luck you may just want to call your chemical manufacturer, send pictures and describe what caused the stains in the first place. They should be able to get you where you need to go. I would not recommend buffing unless it's a last resort, I've seen a few tanks where the buffing swirls are pretty obvious.

Originally posted by newbuffalo View Post
    Hello All!

We recently installed a new set of tanks and during the passivization and cleaning processes allot of acid end up coming into contact with the outside of the tanks. At the time the staff wanted to make sure everything was passivized so they allow it to come out of any ports. In doing that however it made the outside of the tanks look horrible. Since they we have been unable to remove these streaks different products.

I wanted to know if anyone had product recommendation to clean the tanks up and my them shine again.

The only thing left I can think of is getting a power buffer and trying to buff everything off the tanks.

Bill

Comment

Acid #5, I believe we ran it at 10%

Comment

Working...
      X