Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long does a full brew take on an electric 5 bbl system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long does a full brew take on an electric 5 bbl system?

Hey there guys!

This is my first post so please be gentile lol. I am in the process of designing my buisness plan to open my nano in Toledo. I'm perty green to full scale brewing and am not quite familiar with all the ins and outs. I'm trying to find out how long a brew day on 5bbl electric system. Anybody got some numbers to work with?

That really depends on the system and your process; preferred mash rest, how long it takes to run off for good extract efficiency, time to boil, cool out time, etc. On my 10bbl Premier I can turn a batch in 6 hours, but that is my system and process. I haven't personally worked on something that took longer than 7 1/2-8 hours, but I know they exist.

Comment

I have an electric 3BBL system. I buy all my grains pre-milled and have my HLT already to temp when I walk in the door. From the minute I walk in to when I leave (after cleaning kettle and HX) is usually around 6 hours. It may take a little longer on the bigger system to get the kettle to a boil but I wouldnt expect much more than 30 minutes.

Comment

Thanks guys. This helps out alot. Hey crosley, what type of automation does your system use? I know my manufacturer is supposed to be upgrading their panels for some wireless aplications. How is your hlt ready to go when you get there?

Comment

I am using a control panel from Brewmation. I have my bartenders turn it on when they leave so that it's ready for me at 530.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I don't have bartenders lol. Do you know of any kind if system you can set to a timer or activate remotely?

Comment

Originally posted by kinsmenbrewer View Post
              Well I don't have bartenders lol. Do you know of any kind if system you can set to a timer or activate remotely?
              The Brewmation touchscreen panel has a timer function. We haven't used it yet but given the quality of the entire system I imagine it works like a charm.
              Kevin Shertz
              Chester River Brewing Company
              Chestertown, MD

Comment

There's definitely ways to do it that are better than mine. I have the basic Brewmation so no timer function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X