Ride sharing or shuttle service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride sharing or shuttle service

Does anyone here operate or know of a brewpub that operates a shuttle or ride sharing service? Public transportation in our area is nil, and I've been trying to think of ways to get people to the restaurant without driving.

When I was living in Japan, it was quite common for restaurants to offer a shuttle service, which was usually subscription based. I was thinking about it today, and it occured to me that pizza delivery places offer essentially the same service, only in reverse. Could it be cost effective for us to do the same?

Right now, I'm considering running the service Thurs. Fri. Sat nights, with pickup times limited to between 5-9 and two or three set drop off times. It would cost five dollars round trip, we'd service a fifteen mile radius and hire a driver who could help out in the kitchen when he wasn't hauling people around. We're probably going to get a van for distributing kegs anyway, so it might be another way to recoup that cost as well.

Other than possible insurance issues, I can't see any real problems with the idea. What do you think? Too impractical?

Best,
    Ben Dooley

You should ask the folks at Big Buck Brewery & Steakhouse in Auburn Hills, MI. They run a shuttle to/from The Palace for all events.

Rob
    "By man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world" -- St. Arnold of Metz

Comment

don't know your location but in some places you MIGHT need a certificate of authority, believe it or not, as a "common carrier" or the like, and you could expect resistance from other licensed carriers --taxis, shuttles, etc--who very much like to protect their government sanctioned monopoly. Colorado is an example of a place where a license from the "PUC" (Public Utilities Commission) might be necessary.

Comment

Working...
      X