Ultrafine bubbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrafine bubbles

I read an article in the Wall St Journal this past weekend about how Japanese researchers have begun developing applications using ultrafine or nano bubbles in water. It's showing a lot of promise in aquaculture, in cleaning and sanitizing, and in drug dispensing. I wondered if anyone was researching applications in beer and I ran across this:

http://patents.com/us-9266668.html

It's a patent that Carlsberg has been awarded for a way to generate ultrafine bubbles of CO2 in beer, that they claim improve the flavor of the beer. I thought it was fascinating. Give it a read. The patent language is a bit hard to get through.
    Linus Hall
    Yazoo Brewing
    Nashville, TN
    www.yazoobrew.com

One of the sponsors here at PB.com is also offering a membrane-transfer system--kind of an ROS system in reverse. Sounds like more stuff to clean and maintain, but someone's gotta try the new things... and supposedly, this can also be used to selectively extract O2 from beer/wort.

Meanwhile, we do just fine with stones for carbonating and oxygenating. Nano-fine bubbles are one of the reasons we spund--let the yeast do what it does.
    Last edited by TGTimm; 03-01-2016, 10:56 AM.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
    X