Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegging in the UK

Hello,

I am interested in finding out any information on kegging beers, we are looking to start off with one way kegs and would like to know any information on what is necessary like Filtration, Brightening any other bits of info we can obtain. We have been solely a casking brewery but we are looking to expand in other parts of the market. Basically what do I need? where do I start? Is there a possibility to contact another brewery to keg our beer for us? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers and Ale the best,

Dan

My understanding of one-way, disposable (key) kegs is that, hence CAMRA approval, you can fine and condition your beer in the key kegs all the same as casks. I vaguely remember a solid write-up by the folks at Sacre (I'd provide a link if not for mobile) on cask-style conditioning in key kegs.

That said, when I visited Sambrooks in London, they were using a Grundy/cellar tank for their key kegs to force carbonate (possibly polish?) and from which to rack.

So I guess it depends on what you'd like your finished product to look like. If you'd prefer real-style ale, then follow all of the same procedures. If you're sending them to a market that prefers draft-style beer, fine before packaging and force carbonate in a pressure-rated bright tank and rack bright, carbonated beer.

Comment

Working...
    X