Paa sop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paa sop

We recently moved to a new chemical supplier(Spartan). We were previously using Starsan to sanitize and Birko products for cleaning.

Spartan has a PAA Sanitizer at a good price we want to start using but their generic cut sheet says to allow it to air dry.

I know its a No Rinse product we were just checking to see what everyone else does? Do you allow it to air dry or push beer right on top of the wet sanitizer?

Just don't need to be dumping batches of beer because tanks weren't appropriately sanitized.

Thanks

Chris

A PAA rinse has a 1 min sanitizing time and a ~36 hr shelf life at the concentration you should be using for a brewery setting. The former is usually satisfied during the CIP process. For the latter, as long as you're putting beer into the closed vessel within a 36 hr window of the rinse, residual wet PAA solution won't be an issue (again, provided you're not over-mixing your PAA solution).

A look at Spartan's recommended dosing levels shows appropriate levels recommendations. 1 oz per 5 gal is fine to push beer onto, even if wet.
    Last edited by fihbkyle; 03-11-2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Thank you sir. They have good product we've been using the caustic for 3 months with great success. The biggest problem is their new to the brewery game and there rep sells mostly hospital and industrial kitchen chemicals so he's great to work with but doesn't have all the answers we need.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Noble31 View Post
        Thank you sir. They have good product we've been using the caustic for 3 months with great success. The biggest problem is their new to the brewery game and there rep sells mostly hospital and industrial kitchen chemicals so he's great to work with but doesn't have all the answers we need.

If you've been using Birko for cleaning products, check out some of the white papers they have available on their website. Lots of good background for dialing in your chemical handling procedures and CIP protocols, and all the info is personalized specifically for their brewery usage.

Comment

That was one of the things that led us to Birko. Love the detergent/acid blend for cleaning kegs. We save a ton on shipping and hazmat fees going with a local company.

Comment

Working...
          X