Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with FIT barrels?

Hey all,
    I recently met some folks with River Drive Cooperage and Millworks, and they're offering a very odd service to cooperage. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the FIT (Fiber Infusion Technology) barrels. I'm a little skeptical, but maybe it's because I don't understand what's really going on here. Pasted below is the blurb from their website:
    With a patent-pending process, we infuse barrels with custom flavor profiles. Sounds too good to be true, I know. But breweries across North America are already using our Fiber Infusion Technology™ (F.I.T.™) to diversify their barrel programs, and the results speak for themselves. (One brewery’s Imperial Stout, aged in F.I.T.™ Rye Barrels, recently earned a spot on BeerAdvocate.com’s list of Top 250 Beers in the World.)

All F.I.T.™ barrels are put through an intensive cleaning and sanitization process that includes re-toasting and testing for leaks. During the process, original spirits are pulled from deep inside the wood, returning the barrels to an almost “freshly dumped” state. We can then infuse new spirit or other flavor profiles (use your imagination!) directly into the cells of the wood.

Any comments welcome...
Working...
X