Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production planning software?

Hi all!
    Is anyone using a good software to plan production?
    I'm brewing 12-14 batches a month in my brewery which is the maximum my fermentors layout allows me two. I'm running a very tight production schedule in order to keep up with demand, and everything has to be timed perfectly so I don't miss a batch. For example, the day before I brew I have to empty the conditioning tank into kegs, so during the brew day I can transfer a batch from the primary fermenter to the conditioning tank, CIP the primary and knockout the new batch into it. Very challenging to they the least to plan the schedule....
    Any good software that could help?
    Thanks a lot for any input!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Whiteboard

Nothing beats a whiteboard on the wall in the brewery.
    Marius Graff,
    Head Brewer, Graff Brygghus
    Tromsø, Norway

Comment

I use an excel spreadsheet with the days on the top, tanks down the side. I then add bars of different colors and lengths representing the time in tank that is needed. Really easy to slide around, and adjust things. Best way I have found to do it, software is out there, but it can be expensive.

Comment

We have started using Beer Run. It handles tank inventory/planning, material inventory, packaging totals, TTB reports, etc. Their customer service is very good. I can't really speak to the cost, though, the owners are dealing with that. I don't think it is crazy money though, or they wouldn't have pulled the trigger. We are still working out some kinks, but I can see that once we get past those it will be a VERY nice tool

Comment

I come from a project management background. I plan on using Microsoft project for the brewery ops. But to get the most of it you have to be seasoned using project and understand complex project management principles.

Comment

Working...
          X