Brewpub sales percentages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewpub sales percentages

Hey folks, I'm in the process of doing "The Research" and working on the business plan. Some time ago before I actually joined the forum, I was browsing and came across a thread where the % of sales for a typical brewpub was broken down. As in x% of gross sales from pints sold, x% from food, x% from growler sales, x% from merchandise, x% from other drinks.
    I figured those would be good info. to include in my business plan, but for the life of me, I can't find the thread anymore. I've actually spent the past 2 days looking through possibilities. And I've done the same search on the AHA forum, and the HBT forum thinking it might have been on one of those.
    Does this ring a bell with anyone?
    Alternatively, is this info. anyone cares to share? I'm not looking for numbers, just %.
    Thanks a ton! I've been a lurker for over a month now and this forum has been incredibly helpful.
    J.R., LoghouseBrewing(hopefully)

Maybe this??? http://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...ense-Questions

Comment

Originally posted by BrewerOneEleven View Post
      Nope, that wasn't it, although I found most of the info I was looking for on 'AdamBrew167' excel sheet that was provided. He apparently doesn't/didn't do any growler sales at the time of the spreadsheet(11/20/2014), so there is a hole in the info.
      So, here's what I got from the spreadsheet for him:
      Food sales= 48% of gross
      Pints sold on premises= 43%
      Swag(merchandise)=3%
      Distribution(keg sales)=6%
      To those in the brewpub business, do they look comparable to your %s?
      Also, It's my impression visiting various brewpubs and micros with tasting rooms, that growler sales are significant. Correct assumption?
      Thanks again folks! And especially thanks to 'BrewerOneEleven' for knowing what I was asking for and finding the link.

Comment

New Thread Answers Your Growler Question

This new thread gives a good breakdown on growler breakouts:
        Comments, questions, issues relating to the sales of beer. Do not post job opportunities here. post those in help wanted.

Russell Everett gave a solid answer that should fill in your spreadsheet.

Cheers,
        William

Comment

Working...
        X