7bbl brewery cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7bbl brewery cost

I'm getting prices together for a 7 bbl brewpub. We will be serving from jacketed brights(6 of em') and will have 4 fermenters. The prices we are getting are in the 190- 260 range and all of them are automated to a certain degree. Are there any suppliers out there that can supply a brewery with everything needed but and a more base level for equipment? Does a system like this need to be pieced together from different suppliers? I'm thinking a basic mash tun, HLT and boil kettle and a simple control system for the tanks. It will still have to look great but not so hands off.

That sounds about right depending on where you're buying from. I don't believe that would have much of any automation outside of PID controlled heating, maybe some pneumatic valves that are probably manually operated.
    Combi brewpub 7bbl from premier are right on target with that price range and you're working all valves manually. I guess to answer your question yes you can frankenbrew it for less but if you get the bottom of the barrel baseline equipment your labor goes up exponentially. I know a brewery that has to shop vac their kettles because they don't have a dished bottom or center drain.

Comment

Rmv

Check with Rocky Mountain Vessels.
      Cheers!
      -Alan

Comment

Originally posted by ulmus View Post
        I'm getting prices together for a 7 bbl brewpub. We will be serving from jacketed brights(6 of em') and will have 4 fermenters. The prices we are getting are in the 190- 260 range and all of them are automated to a certain degree. Are there any suppliers out there that can supply a brewery with everything needed but and a more base level for equipment? Does a system like this need to be pieced together from different suppliers? I'm thinking a basic mash tun, HLT and boil kettle and a simple control system for the tanks. It will still have to look great but not so hands off.
        That's a pretty good price. We paid a little less when we started out on our 7bbl but only got 3 fermenters and 1 brite. Is that for direct fire or a steam system? If so does the boiler come with? What about the glycol chilling system?

Comment

7 bbl system....

We we went the franken-system way and paid under 12k all said and done. However, I would suggest a few things.

1. Talk to an already established brewer who can give pointers when/if you have to convert tanks.

2. The above comment about dish bottomed vessels is correct. Our Kettle and HLT are flat bottomed and can be a pain to drain out

3. When you use non-brewing equipment modifications have to be done creatively and safely. The venting for both of our heated vessels was a moving target for a while. The code officer can make or break you here. Talk to them first so you have their expectations in the fore front of all your purchasing decisions

4. Think outside the box. If you are thinking of cobbling together a system then efficiency and height to width ratios probably are not going to be spot on (or even close), that has to be allowed and adjusted for when creating or modifying recipes. But it doesn't preclude making good beer.

5. Keep fermentation and carbonation head spaces in mind when picking vessels. We didn't and we are limited on batch volume by our brite tank.

6. Plastic fermenters (the 500 pound gorilla in the room): we use them and have done so for almost a year successfully. They have some downsides though. They need constant attention when cleaning, are hard to effectively temp control, and the beer can only stay in them while it is actively fermenting. Once fermentation is complete and the beer begins to cool, air can easily ingress through the lid and spoil a batch. I speak from experience on this.

My two cents worth as I am still learning. If you have any other questions or happen to be in NH drop me a line.

Bill Walden
          Oddball Brewing Co.
          Suncook, NH
          Bill Walden
          Oddball Brewing Co.
          Suncook, NH

Comment

7bbl

Do you have a pic of your set up ? Would like to see how you set up your brew house.. Ty ..Mike
            mike peters
            mike@petersbeer.com
            No spam please.

Comment

Ripley stainless

Hi

Please give Ripley Stainless a call or email 250-494-9310 ext 103 , Wayne@ripleystainless.com

thanks

Originally posted by ulmus View Post

Comment

Do you mean me?

Originally posted by mike peters View Post
                Do you have a pic of your set up ? Would like to see how you set up your brew house.. Ty ..Mike
                If so then yes I can do that today as a mater of fact. shoot me an email and I'll send them direct oddbbrewing@gmail.com
                Bill Walden
                Oddball Brewing Co.
                Suncook, NH

Comment

Originally posted by bwalden234 View Post
                  If so then yes I can do that today as a mater of fact. shoot me an email and I'll send them direct oddbbrewing@gmail.com
                  Yes sir... TY
                  Last edited by mike peters; 07-27-2016, 01:03 PM.
                  mike peters
                  mike@petersbeer.com
                  No spam please.

Comment

7bbl

We purchased a 7bbl electric system from BrewMation. They partner with Stout tanks. It's our pilot system and we have been using for 2 1/2 years. Very satisfied with it. There is a company out of Ohio that manufactures here in the US. It's Heritage-equipment.com. We received some very good pricing from them for custom squat 60bbl fermenters. Worth a call.

Comment

Working...
                    X