Pall Filter modules for Lagers and Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pall Filter modules for Lagers and Storage

So I just ran my first batch of helles through my Pall filter with 3 16" Supradisk II with K700 modules, which I was told by my sales rep would be good enough for lagers and the beer came out really cloudy. So I am wondering if any body can recommend modules that would work better for lagers to get them really bright.

Also, what is the best way to store the filter when not in use? I have read about storing with citric acid at a pH of 2 but I have heard mixed reviews of those techniques. Can you use nitric acid or is it best to thoroughly purge with Co2 and charge the filter and store?

We did back flush with 180 degree water for 20 minutes

Thank you in advance for your help!

I'd recommend getting in touch with a Pall rep. for help with media sizing. Sometime this take a little bit of playing around with until you find the correct size that works for your brewery conditions. We run 4 x k300 and with 3 profile star cartridge filter housing behind it. You do not want to be backflushing at that high of temperature and pressure either for sani, I was advised to go in forward direction at 185 for 20 mins. The filters have more support in the forward direction. I would get the current list of procedures from your rep and follow them to make sure you aren't damaging the media.

Comment

Working...
    X